As we all know, the camlock fittings have various materials, such as stainless steel, aluminum alloy, plastic and brass. You may wondering what material of camlock fitting you should choose and where they are suitable for. Here we will give you a fast view in the chart and detailed description in the following, just refer to them and choose the best one. If you want to know more information and want to get some suggestion, just contact us.
- Stainless steel is not easy to rust. In fact, some stainless steel is not only rustproof but also rotproof, the reason is the formation of oxidation film which riches in chromium.
- According to the material of stainless steel camlock coupling, it can be divided into three types: SS 304, SS 316 and SS 316L. SS 316L material is the best and the price of it is highest.
- The brightness of stainless steel material is close to mirror, and the touch of it is hard and cold. Stainless steel belongs to the avant-garde decoration material, and it is in line with the aesthetic of the metal age.
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Strong enough in wide temperature range.
- The inner wall of stainless steel camlock coupling is clean, this helps to avoid impurities condensation, bacteria breeding, peculiar smell production and media pollution.
- The intensity of stainless steel camlock coupling is excellent. Generally speaking, intensity lacking is the common reason of camlock coupling leakage caused by external forces.
- Stainless steel camlock coupling has great temperature resistance, it can work safely in a long time between -30 °C to 230 °C. In addition, stainless steel has stable performance, which is not easy to corrode.
- Disadvantage: high cost.
- Applicable environment
- Pressure: camlock coupling withstands the pressure of almost 16 kilograms of objects, but when it connects with the tubes, it can withstand the pressure of hundreds of kilograms of objects.
- Temperature: -30 °C to +230 °C.
- Media: gasoline, mazout, kerosene, hydraulic oil, fuel oil, refrigerating machine oil, water, brine, acidic and alkaline liquids, etc.
- Connection method: internal thread, external thread, hose, flange, butt welding, socket weld, wrench type.
- Sealing material: NBR, Viton, EPDM. The most popular material is NBR, the most expensive is Viton.
- Thread type: NPT, BSPT, BSP.
- It can be used in highly corrosive areas and acid, alkali media.
- It also can be used in many industries, such as heavy industry, light industry, daily necessities industry, construction and decoration industry.
SMC-01: Stainless steel camlock coupling
SMC-02: SS camlock coupling is connecting the plastic hose and equipment
Plastic (PP and nylon)
- Introduction: plastic camlock coupling can be divided into PP (polypropylene) material and nylon material. Plastic camlock coupling has beautiful appearance. And it uses high quality NBR to seal, so it is safe and reliable. In addition, if the specification is same, any B, C, D, DC type can combines with any of E, F, A, DP type.
- Low price, light weight.
- Simple structure and easy operation.
- With a good seal.
- Disadvantage: low intensity, easy to deform.
- It can be used for agriculture irrigation and liquid transmission in a variety of medias, such as water, oil, gas and some corrosive liquids.
- It also can be used in chemical industry.
- PP characteristic
- Low density.
- Anti-acid, anti-alkali and anti-organic solution.
- Excellent electrical insulation and chemical stability.
- High temperature resistance, anti-aging.
- Low hot-melt rate, smooth surface.
- Nylon characteristic
- The density is higher than PP.
- High heat resistance.
- Excellent combination of rigidity and toughness.
- Resistance to changing humidity.
- Excellent dimensional stability.
- Smooth surface, high surface quality.
SMC-03: Polypropylene camlock coupling
SMC-04: Plastic camlock coupling in agriculture
- Good electrical conductivity.
- Seawater resistant.
- Advantage: easy to assemble.
- Disadvantage: high cost.
- Except for acid and alkali, it can be used in salty water and any media.
- It also can be used in deep well operations and shipbuilding industry.
SMC-05: Brass camlock coupling
SMC-06: Brass camlock coupling in water circulation system
- According to the processing method, aluminum alloy can be divided into two categories: deformation aluminum alloy and casting aluminum alloy. Aluminum alloy camlock coupling generally adopts casting processing method.
- According to the chemical composition, casting aluminum alloy can be divided into aluminum silicon alloy, aluminum copper alloy, aluminum magnesium alloy, Al-Zn alloy and rare earth aluminum alloy.
- Deformation aluminum alloy is mainly used in the production of aviation equipment and windows or doors of buildings. It can be divided into non-heat-treatable reinforced aluminum alloy and heat-treatable reinforced aluminum alloy. Some aluminum alloys are treated by heat treatment to obtain good mechanical properties, physical properties and corrosion resistance properties.
- Low density, high intensity.
- It can be processed into various profiles with good plasticity.
- Excellent electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance.
- Advantage: low cost.
- Disadvantage: relative to stainless steel material, corrosion resistance is poor, easy mildew and oxidation.
- Application: aluminum alloy is mainly used in low-demand fluids such as fresh water and oil-water mixture.
SMC-07: Aluminum camlock coupling
SMC-08: Aluminum camlock coupling for faucet